Copyright © 2018 PredictIt. All rights reserved.
You can make use of all of PredictIt's features only by opening an account.
1. User Provided Information. You may provide certain personal information and non-personal (e.g., anonymized) information, and further details linked to that information, which may include the following:
a. Personal information such as your name, email address, and street address (such as for billing purposes);
b. Credit card billing information, PayPal or bank account information;
c. Contacts you may choose to submit, and profile information, which may include your age, as well a photo;
d. Other information you may voluntarily submit to us, including to post messages, upload information, communicate with us or take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, or subscribe to newsletters or other mailing lists.
2. Cookies and Other Passively Collected Information: When you use the Service through a website we offer, we or our service providers may send one or more cookies - small files - to your computer, which may enable us or others to uniquely identify your browser. PredictIt uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. Session cookies are temporary and typically disappear after you close your browser. You may be able to reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. To learn more about cookies, please go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
3. Log File Information: When you use PredictIt, our servers may automatically record certain information that your device sends whenever you visit a website and use mobile applications (if you offer a mobile application). These server logs may include information such as your web or app request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. In addition, if we ever offer a mobile application, we may collect unique mobile device identifiers, such as IDFAs, Android Advertising IDs, for advertising or analytics purposes.
4. Clear GIFs Information: When you use PredictIt, we may employ technology such as "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by specific users.
5. Verification and Payment Information. Our compliance and verification provider, Aristotle, Inc., may collect the information that you input in order to verify your age, location or other details for compliance or payment processing purposes. This may include, for instance, personal information, the last 4 digits of your social security number, or other identifying details about yourself. This information is used by Aristotle solely for the purpose of legal compliance, fraud detection and compliance with our policies, which may include age or geographic restrictions.
6. Additional Mobile App Information: If we ever offer for download a mobile app, we also may collect mobile device information like operating system and hardware type, numbers or codes that are unique to your particular device, device state information, default device language, the location of your device, and app usage information.How PredictIt Uses The Information
1. Your personal information will be used to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, including but not limited to the following: (a) providing you our services, including our market platform, including the processing of trades, payments and withdrawals; (b) processing and responding to inquiries; (c) alerting you to new Service features, special events, products and services, or certain third-party products or services in which we think you will be interested; and (d) enforcing the legal terms that govern your use of the Service.
2. Your information may be anonymized or aggregated for academic research and related educational purposes for our use and for other participating academic institutions and professors to enhance research about such subjects as market theory, economics, political science, and statistics. Anonymous and/or aggregated data does not identify you, and we may use and disclose such information without limitation for academic research and related educational purposes.
3. We may use your information to contact you for both marketing and non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of significant changes in the Service or for customer service purposes) relating to PredictIt.
4. We use your information to improve the quality and design of PredictIt and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services, such as by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
General Uses. Our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, or other businesses or persons that help us provide and operate the Service may have authorized access to your information (such as name or email address) for the purpose of processing such information on our behalf.. We may share your personal information with third parties for their commercial or marketing use with your consent, or as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may disclose personally identifiable information in response to your requests for customer service.
Your Profile Information. Any information you provide on your profile page may be publicly visible. It may include, for instance, your username, the date you became a member, your trading statistics and positions, and (if you’ve uploaded one) your profile picture. When you accept or request a prediction invitation, we may publish your username in connection with it, along with a link to your profile page.
Other Situations That May Arise. We also may share personal information in other situations with your consent. In addition, PredictIt reserves the right to disclose personal information that PreditIt believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (a) enforce our Terms and Conditions or other posted policies (b) take precautions against liability or harm, (c) investigate and respond to third-party claims or allegations, or respond to a subpoena, legal order, or official request, (d) protect the security or integrity of our Service, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of PredictIt, our users or any other person. Information also may be shared as described in the Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy section below.Your Information Choices
You may, of course, decline to submit personal information through PredictIt, in which case PredictIt may not be able to provide certain services to you.
In addition, to opt-out of any targeted ads that we may provide through online platforms (such as, to send display ads to our users or others that have expressed interest in the Service), you may go to http://www.aboutads.info, and follow the directions provided on that website to “opt out” of most of the companies that provide these types of services. (Opting out will not affect the quantity of ads you see online but likely will cause the ads to be less relevant to you.)Data Security
PredictIt uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. As no such methods are foolproof, we cannot, however, with certainty ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to PredictIt and you do so at your own risk.Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
the event that PredictIt is involved in a merger, acquisition, sale, bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, or other change of control, we may transfer as an asset your personal asset to the acquiring or successor entity.Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you may request certain general information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the following address:
205 PENNSYLVANIA AVE
WASHINGTON, DC 20003